My Instagram

Monday, May 20, 2013

Cheap Nasi Lemak Panas


Cheap and nice Nasi Lemak Panas @ Medan Selera 223.

I always read food blog when i have no idea what to eat or when i want to try something new.
Was reading kampungboycitygal's blog 2 weeks ago and found out this Hot Nasi Lemak. Told Mr Chong about this and we immediately agreed  to give it a try.

After a movie date in Midvalley, we drove to the venue via Federal Highway. It's quite easy to find. The place is actually located near Amway HQ and NAZA WORLD. 
Please see the map below for a clearer picture:

(Map by kyspeaks.com)

                                        
Reached there about 10pm, and still crowded with people. 
Hawkers were really welcoming and enthusiastic. Once we stepped in the Medan Selera, all of them started to ask you "Nasi Lemak?", "Sup Kambing?", They even try to help me decide what to eat by asking me "Tomyam Mee?". LOL... Was thinking how come they know i love tomyam.. Maybe my face really shows I love tomyam on it.

                                         

Due to the overwhelmed respond from 1 of the hawkers, we just sat down where he indicated. Ordered lemon ice and started to find out what exactly so nice about the nasi lemak panas. 
Once we sat down, those Nasi Lemak Stalls owners/staffs started to place nasi lemak on our table and you can just eat and pay later. Same as the otak-otak. (So sorry forgot to take picture for the otak-otak, for me the otak-otak is not worth to try, frankly, I don't like it at all)

Hmm.. actually there have 2 kind of nasi lemak, one taste sweeter and another one taste more spicy. To our understanding, the blue ink represents the spicy version and the red ink represents the sweet version. For me, the spicy version is a little bit too hot for me, and sweet version is just too sweet for me, so i have actually mixed them both together, and the outcome tasted so nice!!!
I actually ate 3 packs of them and Mr Chong ate 5 packs of them.

Spicy version - blue ink

 Sweeter version - red ink

The nasi lemak look like this. Just RM1.50. Consider very cheap in this PJ area.
The rice, surprisingly still very hot. Besides, each pack of the nasi lemak contains 1/2 of the egg. Hardly get half egg in nasi lemak pack now, usually just 1/4 egg only.
Hence, Mr chong actually ate 2 and half  and me 1 and a half boiled eggs on that night.
Oh my cholesterol...

 Limau ice... very fresh and nice too~


Overall, we love the nasi lemak here. Just, the place is a bit too dirty.
LOL.. saw quite an amout of small cockroach there. Next time i think i will just dabao and eat at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails